Testimonials Banner
Mary Ann Banner

   Hear directly from those who have seen Mary Ann work first hand. All of the testimonials here are from client’s who have had their house cleared. Names of people or spirits have been changed to protect the privacy of others.

   If Mary Ann or Tara has cleared your house, or place of business you can sumbit your testimonial by email to testimonials@maryannghostbuster.com . Please remember to include your full name and the date of the clearing in your email.


Good day,
  I have had Mary Ann at my House a few times now but I wanted to say this for any one who thinks its all about Money!
  The first time I called Mary Ann she told me over the phone that the House was now clear and she did not need to come! I live in the same City as Mary Ann so she could have come and picked up a few bucks quick so after that day she made me a believer!!
  The last time she came I did not tell her everything because I wanted to see if she new what the person that I saw looked like and she did! Thanks for everything :) 
Scott Westfall


Dear Mary Ann,
You called in early Feb 08 responding to an email regarding my husband bringing a ghost home from a funeral home.  My name is Sheila from Seven Hills, OH.
During our conversation, you indicated we had a spirit in the house in my 15 yr old daughter’s bedroom.  She had had stomach issues for over 8 yrs and you said a young male was there. (here).  They were not occasional stomach aches, but rather severe ones, DAILY and lasting all day.
Well, you told me to smudge.  I had a fresh package of White Sage here already so I smudged in the morning on Feb 08 while the kids were at school.   I DID NOT and have NOT YET mentioned your call NOR the smudging NOR the ghost to any of my kids.
That afternoon when the kids got home from school, later in the evening actually, I asked my daughter how her stomach felt. Amazingly she replied, "Well, it hurt REAL bad this morning...but...it doesn't hurt at all right now."
I also noticed a considerable change in all three teenagers’ behavior for the better.  Weird stuff, like they all got along.  I caught them playing cards.  With EACH OTHER!
I kept a log every day for about 3 weeks and I smudged once more about 2 weeks or so after the first time.
Do you know that for 12 days that child didn't have a stomach ache?  About four days into this, I asked her...."How long has it been since you went 4 days without a stomach ache?"
She says”I don't know, I don't mark a calendar."  (smarty pants) Then she looks off to the side like she's thinking and says,”actually, I don't think I've EVER NOT had a stomach ache especially for four days in a row!"
So I just wanted to thank you.  Maybe I should have contacted you 8 yrs ago and saved myself a WHOLE LOT of medical expenses.  She's been being seen at the Clinic now for years for this.  (No official diagnosis except chronic constipation, which I KNOW is not right)
So.  I still have not told the kids about you or the smudge.  It was 'my little experiment' I wanted to see if anything happened without planting any seeds in their mind.  And IT WORKED!
My whole (adult extended) family is amazed. So thank you.
If you'd like to see my documentation of my 'experiment' I'll forward it.
You may use my story if you wish too.

Ana M.

Hi Mary Ann,
I truly thank you for coming out to my house and helping the two male ghosts....LEAVE!! My three daughters are greatful as well. Eleven years of really strange, unexplainable occurances that have culminated into big annoyances and scarry moments have ended!! Having listened to  Mary Ann on radio stations over the course of years, she kept that same calm, reasonable, comforting tone all the while and when we reached our wits-end with these ghosts, I can only say that the course of events on how I came in contact with Mary Ann was all meant to be.

Mary Ann came to and cleared my house. It was a very nice and well overdue thing. She told us that there were two male ghosts in my kitchen, their names and ages of when they died and a few other things that made us gasp from hearing some facts. There were no dramatics to scare the kids. Mary Ann made the experience very comforting as she helped 'them' to leave and with her sense of humor, helped myself and my family to deal very well thru this.

Even when I had spoken to Mary Ann on the phone, she was able to identify that I did in fact, have two ghosts and she immediately was not comfortable with them there, in the presence of my dghtrs and myself. She was able to describe 'exactly' there locations....which really creeped me out on how accurate she was. She gave me the suggestion to smudge and weaken them, until I was ready for her to come out to do the task herself, I appreciated that.

For eleven years, we had the flickers from the corners of our eyes, the cat went nuts, the ol' chase something with the eyes even at close range. The cat flying off my bed and spooked beyond belief, a certain door always closing, the sound of foot steps upstairs, a storage door always slamming down, things dissappearing and appearing suddenly in other spots and they were'nt there seconds before. Always being physically drained, the upper respiratory and gastro intestinal problems, the headaches, my tv especially coming on/going off for a period of time...even in front of us. The black shadow in a certain area of the house...where you can't make a shadow in the dark. My one daughter being especially sensitive and aware of 'them' the most. The scratches, the CD that was moved and no one moved it, the extra arguing amongst all of us, the area of the basement that even made a priest sick to his stomach while passing it. The flick to an ear and lamp and tv turning on...and so on.

Yeah, the time came and a chance moment to meet Mary Ann happened. We got to meet her husband Ted and to see Mary Ann's face at the meer mention of Ted and how lucky she says she is with him, just validates her as a person and what she does is very real. Her book 'When Ghosts Speak' is great, like having her in your house just to tell unlimited stories in a not creepy way. Now there seems to be a semblance of calm and the quince seeds are up and about and....to all, a good night!

Thank you Mary Ann, from all of us. I look forward to seeing and hearing you all over the place and on Fri' nt's, on CBS in Ghostwhisperer.
Ana M.

Kathie Hurayt Banner

The first time Maryann came to my home in Strongsville, I knew that someone was around keeping people agitated. I was in a second marriage and could not understand why my new spouse and my children could not get along. His children and mine were great friends. My youngest daughter who was very mild mannered was beginning to be belligerent and angry, total unlike herself. The dog would look strangely into the air. I sensed my husband's mother was there stirring up trouble. I had never met the woman since she had died previous to our marriage.

I called Maryann, and sure enough the woman was there. She did not like girls, her son was an only child, and she would get in all of the girls faces to aggravate them. She told me about my husbands cousin and that my husband would not believe any of this. She was not a nice woman per Maryann. When I asked my husband's ex-wife about my husband's mother, she told me she was not a nice woman and did not like girls. Thankfully she left. We also had a mechanic there who had followed me home, he had lived in a neighboring town and I reminded him of his wife. He also went on. The third person there was someone my husband had picked up at the hospital where he worked. My husband at that time was an angry man, and the spirit picked up his energy and followed him home. The interesting thing about these three spirits was that they would even go across the street to my neighbors and would stir things up over there. The neighbors name was "Bull" and they told Maryann they even went there at times.

 After Maryann cleared the home, things improved to a point, but my ex-husbands attitude only improved a little, he covered his true person.

The second time I asked Maryann to visit with us it was at my daughters apartment in Parma. When I asked Maryann to meet me there, it turned out to be the home Maryann had lived in at one time, many years ago. Before she came, my granddaughter and the little girl downstairs would wake up crying at nite. The little girl down stairs talked to her "friend". One day I was there and the door bell rang trying to cover my phone call to Maryann...the door bell didn't work. As I was leaving one nite I said "Maryann will be here Saturday, and help you move on." At that point I saw a young boy come up from the basement in a sports jersey.

On Saturday Maryann came and sure enough there was a young man who had died in a local city, and had attached himself to the young boy who lived downstairs, when he was at a carnival. There was also a '30 ish male, with feminine mannerisms, who stayed around the two young mothers and did not like the males who would visit with them. They told Maryann there was also a woman who came, but she would not come because she did not want to go on.

After Maryann was there, the house was quieter, more sedate. The little girl down stairs did not mention her friend much anymore.

Bonnie Steele Banner

Years ago my daughter Carrie was in 3 bad car accidents in a row. Her hub caps were flying off the car, also, I remember saying after the 4th set of hub caps, I never knew anyone who went through this many hub caps. Carrie was in AmberGlass on Broadview Road buying a candle, the lady behind the desk told Carrie she needs to see MaryAnn, she called MaryAnn and sure enough MaryAnn told her that there was an entity attached to her. Carrie definatly wanted to get of it. I on the other hand was very skeptical, I said if you are in the house and I call Mary Ann We should get the same story, Right? Sooooo, I called, Thhis is before caller I.D and any other devices, I gave no name and in 5 seconds MaryAnn said this is all so familiar, ...Then she asked me, Is This Carrie's Mother? I said I'm Busted, so Carrie went ahead and saw MaryAnn and she took care of it.

Jackie B Banner

I had a spirit that 'followed' me for many years. At the time, we called him 'Tyrone'. I was a young adult and had several roomates, so many people witnessed the workings of Tyrone. For the first several years, I found him to be 'funny' or 'cute'..he didnt really bother me, although he was quite active. My cats would act crazily sometimes, following things we could not see and then suddenly taking off in a full run. Once a coaster flew off our coffee table in front of several people. He was particularly fond of messing with electronic things. He would turn off and on the stereo and tv on a regular basis, or turn the volume up loudly. He did not like men, especially those I was dating. Anytime a man was in my home, the tv reception would be horrible no matter what we tried. We heard footsteps when no one was there. Once I saw him, but it scared me so badly that I 'scolded' him to not do that again, and he never did. After 2 years, I moved to a new location. Tyrone came with me. Still heard footsteps all the time..many times we went upstairs to see who was up there, but no one ever was there. Our electronics still went haywire on a regular basis, especially when men were present. My light bulbs would literally blow out one after the other, we then started to get constant and strange water leaks as well. A few people actually refused to come back to my home because they felt he was 'menacing'..these were men as well. One said he felt as if it tried to push him down the stairs. We would hear a voice on rare occasion, but no one was there. Then started having more issues with things such as furnaces, cars, hot water tanks..these items were not old, but constantly had problems. My son was constantly sick with sore throat and ears..but I never put it all together that it could be caused from the spirit. After 2 years, I moved again. Same things...electric, water leaks, footsteps, lights blowing..and we had a terrible fly problem that we could not find the cause of. Hundereds of flies! Same ol' Tyrone. After 2 years, I moved yet again. This time things were quiet and I even wondered if Tyrone had not moved with me this time. I had just gotten married recently and then it started again. But it was very different. I still had all the old 'symptoms'...but now at night while I slept, I was being 'assualted'. I would wake with very large bumps and bruises on my head and thighs. Several times I had bruising in the pattern of fingerprints on my thighs. Several times I woke up to find my shirt pushed up over my breasts. For a long while I tried to find a 'real' answer as to why this was happening..but after a time I felt the only answer was that Tyrone was doing these things. It got so bad I was afraid to sleep...and everything in our house was contstantly breaking down and my son was always sick. Finally I called Maryann. She called me back almost immediatly and told me I had a very nasty spirit and had to get rid of him. I did not have any money at the time, and she was so gracious as to work with me with that, I was very impressed that she would be so nice to a total stranger. Maryann told me that his name was Paul, and that he was in his 20s when he died, that he followed me home from a bar, and was rather jealous and nasty. She sent him to the llight and I swear, we have never ever had a problem since! My son was not sick anymore, I did not have anymore bruising, bumps, or clothes mussed..no more leaks, no more lights blowing, no nothing! Words cant express my gratitude to Maryann. Maryann also told me some things about my grandmother who had passed years ago..she even knew my grandmothers name, and let me tell you, it is a Polish name and there is no way anyone could have known it! Maryann is the real deal 100%. In addition to that, she is one heck of a wonderful lady. All I can say is THANK YOU MARYANN!!!!!

With much respect,

Jackie B.

Dan R Banner

I live in Strongsville, OH and recently had the good fortune to meet Maryann in Dec. of 2005.  It was truly a joy and a blessing.

 It all started when I was talking to my sister early Dec. about some negative energy we felt in the house, particularly my daughter's bedroom.  My daughter returned home from college on winter break and felt such a negative presence, she would stay awake till 2 or 3 a.m. till she was exhausted so she could go in the room and just fall asleep.  She mentioned she had always felt something but didn't say anything about it but now, it was so intense, she was quite unnerved by it.  She even heard a slight laugh once about 3 in the morning as her phone made a noise as she received a text message.  After talking to my sister, she mentioned "Maryann" had helped a friend of hers also felt something in her home.  Maryann went there and she felt the home was cleansed from whatever was there.  I called Maryann and left a message regarding our home and the feelings we felt.

 When Maryann returned my call, she informed me that a man around 30 was in the home and she could help us and "get him to crossover".  Upon arriving at the home, she told the young man was "Donald".  He was 27 yrs. old "now" but died in 1958 from electrocution while working.  He was from our area, was familiar with the old owner of the home who was also an electrician and had been in and around our home for years.  He also went on to tell Maryann that my oldest daughter resembled his wife which was the reason he chose to stay in her room and that was why she felt the strongest presence in the home.  Evidently, he stayed away from his wife after he passed because she began seeing another man which angered him.  He was not aware where his two children, Donny and Eileen were but thought his son Donny had died.  Both his wife and daughter's whereabouts were unknown to him.  During the time Maryann was there, she "talked to Donald" in her mind vs. the spoken word.  She told us when I called her, he was "listening" and laughed that she said she would actually be able to see him.  When she arrived, like the TV show, he immediately knew she could see him and began jabbering and jabbering since it had been so long since someone actually COULD see him and he could converse with them.

Well, we asked questions regarding "Donald" and he answered all through Maryann.  She said sometimes the spirits don't want to crossover but he was ready...she said he was tired already and wanted to go.  I tried to "take a photo of Donald" but unfortunately the photos I took didn't reveal Donald or any light, wisps of smoke, etc. As he was walking through the light he told us "I didn't do anything wrong and thanks".  He was grateful to finally be able to cross.

After Maryann left, my wife and daughter did some research with Donald's full name and found that Donald's wife had died in 1974 and was buried one plot away from him in the the Strongsville cemetary.  He had "wandered the earth" another 31 yrs. not knowing she had already crossed over.  The next day, I spoke with Maryann and told her, "the house feels "cleaner" and "it felt "empty".  She said this was a common sensation and that it would only continue to feel better over the next 6-7 days.

 I believe Maryann has a gift that not all of us possess and that she indeed, has helped us with our home to finally "make it ours".  I know some of us don't believe that there is another spirit world/dimension around us each and every day but when you encounter something that feels "wrong, bad, negative...", I feel it is indeed something powerful working against you.  As for us, we feel fortunate to have crossed Maryann's path and hope that others trust in her to help not only them, but the people who are struggling here and "can't find the light".  I can only encourage those who feel odd calling her that it was indeed a blessing for us, but mostly my daughter.  She literally felt she was "going crazy" by sensing this strong presence and was relieved to not only know it was "real" but to actually have someone gifted in a special way, to help them transition to a better place.

With Sincere Thanks Maryann,

 Dan R.